How to enter
Final entry deadline: February 28, 2018
The call for entries are now closed. Thank you to all the entrants and for all the great work entered into the 50 Books | 50 Covers of 2017 competition. Juror selections will be announced this summer. Watch for updates on AIGA and Design Observer social channels.
Tune into @AIGAdesign for updates on the 50 Books | 50 Covers of 2018 call for entries in late November/December.
- Log in with your AIGA account. Don’t have an account? Create one now—setting up an account is free.
(Bonus: AIGA members receive discounts on entry fees! Join first to take advantage of this benefit.)
- Choose whether your entry should be judged as a cover, a book, or both.
- Enter the book information, including title, author, and design credits.
- Upload images. We require a straight on cover image that can be displayed online or printed for book and book cover categories.
- At least one (1) print-quality TIFF (no compression and uncropped), minimum 300 DPI, six (6) inches or greater on its shortest side, silhouetted (no background). Image mode; RGB.
- At least one (1) web-accessible .PNG or .JPG, minimum 150 DPI, 1200 pixels or greater on its shortest side, silhouetted (no background). Image mode; RGB.
- You are welcome to upload up to five (5) additional images of the project. For the 50 Books competition category, interior shots or spreads are encouraged.
- Review entries for completeness and accuracy in your cart.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Submit payment online.
- If you are entering a book to be judged in the 50 Books cateogry of the competition, send a physical copy of the book to the judging location; entrants will receive the address and instructions via email. Important: Do not mail books to the AIGA or Design Observer offices, they will not be judged.